The goal of Think Outside the Boss is to help community members start and maintain worker-owned businesses, and to understand the relationships between cooperatives, employment and community wealth-building. It is hosted by both the Sustainable Economies Law Center (SELC), and the Green Collar Communities of the East Bay Community Law Center.
Think Outside the Boss: How to Create a Worker Owned Business
Attorneys, law students, and experienced cooperative professionals give short presentations on legal issues, governance structures, fundraising, and more -- including resources and information on:
- what worker-owned businesses are and the advantage of forming one,
- how to run your business democratically,
- how to spread ownership and control across a group of people,
- the tax and accounting issues in a cooperative,
- how to raise money from your collective, your community, and even the bank,
- laws about how to treat your workers
FOOD AND DRINK WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE END OF THE TRAINING.
TENTATIVE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Every paying participant of Think Outside the Boss receives a copy of the Think Outside the Boss Manual!
NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS.
If you'd like to contribute your donation at the door, please RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1431016133805879/
LIMITED REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
2277 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94606
Google map and directions