Current Job Openings
We are excited to be on the lookout for a new part-time co-worker (which we define as 20 hours per week) to help us coordinate and collaboratively implement projects and campaigns that cultivate an integrated cooperative ecosystem of democratic, worker controlled enterprises that empower people marginalized by the dominant economy.
Timeline: We are accepting applications until 11:59pm PST on July 22nd, 2020. We expect to conduct interviews from August 10th through August 18th. Note: We are NOT requesting resumes for the initial application.
For the full job description and how to apply, please click on the following link: 2020 Workplace Democracy Project Coordinator job description.
Equal Justice Works and Skadden Fellowship Applicants:
Hey there 3L law students, recent graduates, and experienced attorneys! Do you have a specific project idea that advances the Law Center's mission to provide legal education, research, advice, and advocacy for just and resilient economies? If so, consider applying for a funded fellowship through Equal Justice Works, Skadden Fellowship Foundation, or other similar organization to work with the Law Center. We are particularly interested in proposals that achieve the following goals:
- Envisioning more just and resilient economic and legal systems;
- Identifying and advocating for public policies that remove legal barriers to resilient communities while maintaining and strengthening worker, consumer and environmental protections;
- Empowering community-based entrepreneurs and innovators to create replicable legal structures that will form the blueprints of the new economy;
- Educating communities and law-makers about the potential of new economic strategies; and
- Training the next generation of community-based lawyers to meet the burgeoning legal needs of resilient communities everywhere.
Submit a brief proposal to email@example.com with "Fellowship Proposal" in the subject line and we'll get back to you in a timely manner to let you know if we'd like to further explore the opportunity.
**Please Note: Proposals received by July 15, 2020 will receive priority consideration**