|Jump to: Policy & Legislative Advocate Position | Other Openings|
***Application period extended through October 6th!*** APPLY NOW!
We are looking for support advancing the Sustainable Economies Law Center’s policy objectives at the CA state level. Help the Law Center develop policy strategies for all areas of our work, design and coordinate legislative and budget campaigns, and intervene for/against other active legislation. Are you interested? Read more below!
Estimated Timeline: We are accepting applications through October 6, 2020. We expect to conduct interviews on a rolling basis in early-mid October. Start time ASAP, likely November.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: "POLICY ADVOCATE OPENING - QUESTION".
Equal Justice Works and Skadden Fellowship Applicants:
Hey there 3L law students, recent graduates, and experienced attorneys! Do you have a specific project idea that advances the Law Center's mission to provide legal education, research, advice, and advocacy for just and resilient economies? If so, consider applying for a funded fellowship through Equal Justice Works, Skadden Fellowship Foundation, or other similar organization to work with the Law Center. We are particularly interested in proposals that achieve the following goals:
- Envisioning more just and resilient economic and legal systems;
- Identifying and advocating for public policies that remove legal barriers to resilient communities while maintaining and strengthening worker, consumer and environmental protections;
- Empowering community-based entrepreneurs and innovators to create replicable legal structures that will form the blueprints of the new economy;
- Educating communities and law-makers about the potential of new economic strategies; and
- Training the next generation of community-based lawyers to meet the burgeoning legal needs of resilient communities everywhere.
Submit a brief proposal to email@example.com with "Fellowship Proposal" in the subject line and we'll get back to you in a timely manner to let you know if we'd like to further explore the opportunity.
**Please Note: Proposals received by July 15, 2020 will receive priority consideration**