With a 20-30% unemployment rate looming, how can we support the thriving of people in our communities, while preventing credit card companies and greedy banks from capitalizing on the recession? If you have retirement savings, you can do more than just invest in businesses. Many people don’t realize that they can borrow from their workplace 401(k)s or set up self-directed 401(k)s and IRAs, from which you can lend to friends, family, yourself, and other community members.
In this FREE webinar we’ll:
- Hear from people who have either loaned or borrowed from retirement savings to pay off high interest debt, pay for college, or make a home down payment
- Explain how people can borrow from workplace retirement plans
- Review options for self-directing retirement savings
- Talk through the rules governing such loans, including complying with ERISA law
- Strategize about how to spur a movement of people supporting people during these challenging times!
You'll hear from The Next Egg team members Sue Bennett, Michael Shuman, and Janelle Orsi, and possibly other surprise guests.