In this episode of Next Economy Now, Erin Axelrod, a Partner at LIFT Economy, interviews Janelle Orsi, founder of The Sustainable Economies Law Center.
In this interview, Erin & Janelle discuss a number of topics, including:
- What if people could divert their funeral financing into burial plot land conservation easements?
- The radically transformative power of worker-ownership
- Loconomics Cooperative as a model to emulate
- What is a multi-stakeholder cooperative and why that might be important
- Healthy workplaces and how to alleviate nonprofit burn-out
- “Permanent real estate cooperatives” as an iteration of Community land trusts to lessen the divide and make land trusts accessible to a more diverse socioeconomic group
- How to catalyze a consumer revolution to create a tipping point for cooperatives
- And more.
Listen to the podcast here: