Do you have an idea to change your community for the better? Do you have questions about policymaking? Do you want to explore your inner policymaker?
Come get answers, ideas, and strategies from our center's staff, experienced attorneys and policymakers!
This is a two-part event (You can come to both, or either!)
1. From 5:00PM - 6:00PM, there will be a DIY Policymaking Teach-in facilitated by Sustainable Economies Law Center's Policy Director, Yassi Eskandari, and Food and Farm Attorney, Neil Thapar. They'll present best practices for engaging in local and state-level policy issue.
2. From 6:00PM to 7:30PM, we'll be hosting a Policy Cafe and offering individualized consultations for folks who want to discuss their specific ideas and get advice on questions such as:
- What are the next steps after I have come up with my policy idea?
- How do I draft a policy proposal?
- How do I approach council members, county supervisors, or other legislators about my idea?
- How do I navigate the legislative process?
Oakland, CA 94612
Google map and directions