|Jump to: Policy & Legislative Advocate Position | Other Openings|
We are looking for support advancing the Sustainable Economies Law Center’s policy objectives at the CA state level. Are you interested? Read more below!
How to Apply: Please click here to view the position description and a link to the application form. Note: We are NOT requesting resumes for the initial application.
Estimated Timeline: We are accepting applications until 11:59pm PST on September 22, 2020. We expect to conduct interviews from October 5th through October 9th and to select a candidate in mid-October.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: "POLICY ADVOCATE OPENING - QUESTION".
Equal Justice Works and Skadden Fellowship Applicants:
Hey there 3L law students, recent graduates, and experienced attorneys! Do you have a specific project idea that advances the Law Center's mission to provide legal education, research, advice, and advocacy for just and resilient economies? If so, consider applying for a funded fellowship through Equal Justice Works, Skadden Fellowship Foundation, or other similar organization to work with the Law Center. We are particularly interested in proposals that achieve the following goals:
- Envisioning more just and resilient economic and legal systems;
- Identifying and advocating for public policies that remove legal barriers to resilient communities while maintaining and strengthening worker, consumer and environmental protections;
- Empowering community-based entrepreneurs and innovators to create replicable legal structures that will form the blueprints of the new economy;
- Educating communities and law-makers about the potential of new economic strategies; and
- Training the next generation of community-based lawyers to meet the burgeoning legal needs of resilient communities everywhere.
Submit a brief proposal to email@example.com with "Fellowship Proposal" in the subject line and we'll get back to you in a timely manner to let you know if we'd like to further explore the opportunity.
**Please Note: Proposals received by July 15, 2020 will receive priority consideration**