Legal education, research, advice, and advocacy for more just and resilient economies.
Sustainable Economies Law Center provides essential legal resources to support the transition to more just and resilient local economies. Whether you are looking for legal research on securities law or model bylaws for your worker cooperative, you'll find unique resources below to help you launch your project for community resilience or make the case for a more just and sustainable world.
For more on out Theory of Change, check out our Mission page.
Our strategies and resources include:
- Our book, Practicing Law in the Sharing Economy
- CommunityCurrenciesLaw.org, Co-opLaw.org, CommunityEnterpriseLaw.org, UrbanAgLaw.org, CommunityFoodLaw.org
Advocacy Campaigns and Policy Recommendations
- We develop and spearhead targeted legislative and local campaigns that support the creation of resilient economies.
Legal Guides and Manuals
- Legal Resources for Food Justice Enterprises, How to Create a Worker-Owned Business, y El Proceso Legal Para Iniciar Tu Negocio Cooperativa
- 2-3 page handouts written for our Teach-ins on how to become a chef, how zoning laws can effect your food business, cooperatives 101, and more!
Find even more resources in our Programs' menu (to the left in the blue box). Every program has resources that will help you understand and overcome the legal barriers to creating a sharing, just, and resilient economy.