Why support the Sustainable Economies Law Center?
We are Committed to Spending Dollars Mindfully
Sustainable Economies Law Center has a reputation for accomplishing a great deal with very little funding, and we are mindful of how we spend our dollars — but we do need your help! Your contribution helps us cover the costs of our staff’s modest wages, travel to the communities we serve, offer a shared workspace for our interns and volunteers, and organize workshops and clinics for communities. Even a small contribution is greatly appreciated.
Want to Take your Support to the Next Level?
Consider Becoming a Community Member or Sustainer!
Individuals who are inspired to make a contribution of $500 or more on an annual basis will become part of our Sustainer Circle, which comes with invitations to special Sustainer happy hours and networking events, free or discounted admission to our workshops, visible acknowledgment on our website, and gratitude galore!
We Recognize that Support Goes Beyond Dollars
Dollars will always be scarce in some communities. That’s why we believe in creating relationships that build community and trust beyond money. Help us build community resilience by ”paying-it-forward” to Sustainable Economies Law Center's next client in need, “paying-it-forward” in your community, or using a local currency to support our work:
We provide legal advice to the community trusting that our clients will help strengthen the Sharing Economy. In fact, individual donors drive our ability to provide these services to the community! That means that if you’ve received our services, someone else has paid for your legal advice! Contribute to our center and pay for the next Client who comes into the Legal Cafe.
BACE acts like a local community bank. Instead of money, however, they keep track of time. Earn credits for helping in your community and use them to learn new skills or get help from others. With BACE, the currency is time and everyone’s time is equal. Participants of our Legal Cafe can “Pay-it-forward” by signing up to BACE and crediting our Center the time we provided you at the Legal Cafe!
Bay Bucks is "money designed for the New Economy" - as a Bay-Area business-to-business mutual credit system, Bay Bucks helps local businesses and professionals trade what they have for what they need without using cash. Become a member business and donate your Bay Bucks to the Law Center or pay us directly in Bay Bucks for our legal services.
The Sustainable Economies Law Center values the time, skills, and energy of our communities. Explore the different ways you can contribute to our work by visiting our Get Involved page. Let's further our mission, together.
Every contribution makes a big difference. Thank you so much for helping SELC build strong communities, promote justice and sharing, and grow the movement for more just and resilient local economies.
If you ever have any questions about your contribution, please contact Chris Tittle at email@example.com. Thanks!Share Your Thoughts
It’s like a CSA for more resilient communities!
The Sustainable Economies Law Center is a people-powered organization sustained by generous and dedicated folk like you. Our new Community Membership is an invitation to formally join and grow the community of local economy advocates, and ensure our work represents your vision for healthy and inclusive communities.
In return, a small monthly gift or annual contribution will help sustain our work and make us a more resilient organization!
With a monthly pledge of $5 or more, you will:
- Sustain our capacity to:
- Offer direct and accessible legal services through the Resilient Communities Legal Cafe; and
- Empower communities with legal tools and knowledge through our community workshops and teach-ins.
- Receive our thanks, as well as:
- Acknowledgement as one of our indispensable community members on Our Supporters page
- Invitations to member-only happy hours and other networking events connecting the movers and shakers of the new economy;
- The knowledge that you are part of the exciting movement to create more just and resilient local economies;
With an annual gift of $500 or more, you will:
- Sustain our capacity to:
- Advocate for new laws that foster more just and resilient local economies;
- Share replicable and innovative models of community resilience through our eResource Libraries, Sustainable Economies Attorneys Network, and publications; and
- Empower the next generation of community lawyers through our living classroom, unique CLE courses, and the growing Legal Apprentice Movement!
- Receive our thanks, as well as:
- Discounts on all our events, including specialty MCLE courses taught by Janelle Orsi;
- Invitation to special Sustainer events and dinners;
- Acknowledgment on our homepage as an indispensable supporter of our work;
- And that warm feeling of enabling the movement to create truly sustainable and healthy communities
Just as we work to foster economic structures rooted in reciprocity and cooperation, we want to enable a reciprocal relationship with you – the people we work with!
Tell us what you’d like to see as part of the Sustainable Economies Law Center Community! Send your thoughts, suggestions, and questions to Chris [at] theselc.org
SELC's annual Fall Celebration & Showcase is coming soon! We hold this event every year to celebrate the year's successes, connect with our friends, and thank our supporters in person. As we move into Fall, this is our opportunity to harvest the fruits of our work supporting the transition to more just and resilient local economies - so come on out and give thanks with us!Read more
It’s almost that time of year again…
…green shoots of new growth are just emerging as the fragrant blossoms of fruit trees begin to burst forth. At SELC, our programs are also beginning to blossom in a variety of colorful ways. However, this wouldn’t be possible without the strong root system we have been cultivating over the years – our staff, fellows, interns, and volunteers. As our programs burst forth into spring, help us tend the roots of our growing organization – support our Spring Matching Grant Campaign!
By contributing between now and May 1st, your donation will go toward meeting a generous $10,000 matching grant provided by the 11th hour project.
Your Support of The Spring Matching Grant Campaign Will Help Us Continue To:
- Offer direct legal services through our innovative Resilient Communities Legal Café in East Oakland, CA
- Advocate for new laws that enable thriving local economies, such as the California Homemade Food Act and the Federal CROWDFUND Act
- Develop engaging workshops on the sharing economy for sharing lawyers and community members alike
- Publish our comprehensive online legal resource libraries
- Train the next generation of sharing lawyers through our dynamic Apprentice Ship (Stay tuned for details!)
- And build the movement for just and resilient communities!
Thanks for your support!