The Blueprint Collaborative is excited to announce that applications for the Worker Coop Academy are now being accepted! The Blueprint Collaborative - the Green Collar Communities Clinic of the East Bay Community Law Center, Project Equity, and the Sustainable Economies Law Center - are working together to create a cooperative start up and growth assistance program providing education, business coaching, and legal advice! The aim of the Worker Coop Academy is to assist the formation and expansion of worker-owned businesses that will provide good jobs for low to moderate income workers.
We are accepting applications for the Worker Coop Academy on a rolling basis between June 11th and August 1st. Please click on this link to find the instructions to apply and team application. You can also download our "Request for Applications" document that explains the application process, scope of the program, and more, by clicking here.
Below are important dates related to the application, participant selection, and Academy. Because decisions will be made on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early! The timeline for the application and selection process is as follows:
June 11th – August 1st: Teams submit applications
- Teams who get their application in by July 11th will have their applications reviewed first
- Rolling applications accepted through midnight on August 1st
July 21st – August 8th: Team interviews
- If you are invited for an interview, we will contact you in advance to request additional information about scheduling needs and program interests
August 15th – August 29th: Participants selected and invited to participate
- We will hold follow-up conversations with finalists to discuss tailored program design for each team
August 15th – September 8th: Participants commit to program
Between September 15th and October 1st: Worker Coop Academy begins
- Exact start date will be determined by September 1
December 12th, 2014: Phase 1 of Worker Coop Academy ends
From the entire team of the Blueprint Collaborative, we thank you for your interest in creating more just and resilient economies through worker-owned enterprises!