Think Outside the Boss provides community members an introduction into the nuts and bolts of starting and running a cooperatively owned business. We go over legal issues in an accessible way to help you understand the relationships between cooperatives, employment, and community wealth-building.
Think Outside the Boss is presented by the Sustainable Economies Law Center (SELC) and the Green Collar Communities Clinic (GC3), a project of the East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC).
Attorneys, law students, and experienced cooperative professionals give short presentations on legal issues, governance structures, financing, and more -- including resources and information on:
- What is a worker-owned business?
- What's the advantage of forming a cooperative business?
- How do you run a business democratically?
- How do you spread ownership and control across a group of people?
- What's the tax and accounting issues in a cooperative?
- How do you raise money from your members, your community, and even the bank?
- What are the employment and labor laws about how to treat your workers?
Every paying participant of Think Outside the Boss receives a copy of the Think Outside the Boss Manual!
FOOD AND DRINK PROVIDED!
TENTATIVE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS.
LIMITED REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
24100 Amador St
California Poppy Room A (2nd Floor)
Hayward, CA 94544
Google map and directions