Table of Contents
- Feature Profiles
- Economy Sandwich
- Citylicious: A Movie About Growing Food in Cities
- Janelle Orsi on Sharing Economies, Progressive Opportunities Conference, Feb 26, 2012
- Think Outside the Boss Workshop Part 1, Richmond CA, Feb 23, 2012:
- Part 2:
- Part 3:
- Part 4:
- Part 5:
- Part 6:
- Part 7:
- Eat Drink Politics 8/27/13 - Ask a Food Lawyer: Breaking Down Legal Barriers for Small-Scale Local Food
- Edible East Bay 8/15/13 – The California Homemade Food Act: Super slow food, the pros and cons of AB1616
- East Bay Express 8/14/13 – So You Want to Start a Food Business
- Fast Company 6/21/13 – Does the Sharing Economy Have a Shadow Side?
- Fast Company – A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Your Own Sharing Economy
- Triple Pundit 4/2/13 – The Care and Feeding of Your Sharing Economy Lawyer
- The Atlantic Cities 3/4/13 – Share Everything: why the way we consume has changed forever
- City Farmer News 12/6/12 - California Homemade Food Act SIGNED by Governor Brown!
- Make: 11/8/12 - A New Era of Crowdfunding?
- The Inyo Register 11/8/2012 - ‘Proudly made at home’
- City Farmer News 10/16/12 - California Homegrown Food Act – seeking a California legislator to author a bill in 2013
- The Christian Science Monitor 9/28/12 - Change Agent: New California law kickstarts home-based food businesses
- YES Magazine Nov 2012 - 10 Ways Our World is Becoming More Shareable
- Next City 8/20/13 – Raising a Nation of Lincolns: An Interview with Janelle Orsi, “The Sharing Lawyer”
- Shareable 7/23/13 – Profiles in Sharing: Janelle Orsi – The Sharing Economy Lawyer
- Huffington Post 6/26/2013 – Janelle Orsi named in “Top 10 Crusaders in the Food Movement — Lawyer Edition”
- The Transcript Spring 2013 – Share and Share Alike: Janelle Orsi profiled in Boalt Law School’s alumni magazine (p. 28).
- Shareable 2/5/13 - The Un-Law School: An Interview with Christina Oatfield
- Let’s Talk Sharing Economy. Interview with SELC’s Yassi Eskandari-Qajar on KPFA’s Terra Verde 7/11/13.
- The Sharing Economy: How Cooperatives and Community-Supported Enterprise will Reshape the Economy. Interview with SELC’s Janelle Orsi, part of the 2012 Healthy Money Summit.
Unstuck Economics: How Cooperatives and Community Enterprise Will Get Us Out of this Gigantic Mess, Transition U.S. Webinar, January 9, 2013.
Community-supported enterprise, cooperatives, local investing, social enterprise, local currencies, micro-enterprise, sharing…these all adds up to local, resilient economies, that much we know. But it’s difficult, even SCARY, to picture how we’ll get there. The more our economy falters, the more we feel stuck: Stuck in jobs we don’t like, stuck buying cheap unsustainable products, stuck patronizing the same huge corporations, stuck in traffic…How do we get from stuck economy to resilient economy? Janelle Orsi helps visualize some of the next critical steps and how a new sharing economy can actually work.
Sharing is a key ingredient in the transition to a more sustainable world. Car sharing, shared housing, barter networks, gift circles, shared food gardens, meal sharing, community energy projects, cooperatives, community-supported enterprises – these are just some examples of ways that sharing is becoming an essential part of our economy and livelihoods. With the help of goofy cartoon slides, Janelle will discuss practical ideas and tools, ways of overcoming cultural, emotional, and legal barriers to sharing, and exciting new developments in the realm of sharing.
Citylicious: A Movie About Growing Food in Cities
Janelle Orsi on Sharing Economies, Progressive Opportunities Conference, Feb 26, 2012
Think Outside the Boss Workshop Part 1, Richmond CA, Feb 23, 2012: