- Summary of the Homemade Food Act and full bill language
- En Español: Lo que la Ley de Comida Casera de California, AB 1616, logrará- un resumen
- Frequently Asked Questions
- En Español: Preguntas Frecuentes Acerca de la Ley de Comida Casera de California
- Cottage food laws in other States
- What People are Saying
- Who Supports It
- Video: our bill in Assembly Health Committee
California Department of Public Health now accepting requests for additions to list of allowed foods–deadline for 2014 consideration is January 31!
This link will take you to the instructions for submitting a request:
NOTE: the first link takes you to an instruction page which has a broken link to the application so you’ll have to use the second link provided above to access the application.
If you have questions about the law please consult our summary of the bill (or the bill itself) and our list of frequently asked questions and answers. If after reading those materials you still have a specific question regarding how to get a permit or any question that’s very specific to your business we suggest you contact your local department of environmental health. We do appreciate your questions and comments about matters that could be more clearly addressed on our website or those regarding more general policy and legal issues affecting small food enterprise.