2017 was a rough year, but communities continued to come together and build people-powered economies. We want to share the work we did this year at the Sustainable Economies Law Center, and give you a few reasons to stay radically hopeful!
Below is our 2017 Annual Report highlighting the progress we've made toward a more democratic and equitable economy. (Click the image below to see a full-sized PDF!) All of this was accomplished in deep partnership with people and groups JUST LIKE YOU! Here's to flying far together in 2018 and beyond.
In 2018, we'll continue to grow all of the above and do even more! We're:
- Partnering with Prospera to grow a legal support program for immigrant-owned cooperatives;
- Piloting a solar development cooperative that can be a model for community-owned solar projects everywhere;
- Partnering with the Institute for Local Self-Reliance to launch a national Community Compost Law & Policy Center;
- Supporting the growth of cooperatively-owned tech platforms like Loconomics;
- Advocating for laws that democratize the emerging homemade food industry by requiring that online intermediaries of food sales be cooperatives or nonprofits;
- And so much more!
Cameron, Charlotte, Chris, Christina, Elizabeth, Eunice, Janelle, Julie, Neil, Ricardo, Sara, Simon, Subin, Sue, and Yassi